New PBEM/Forum Game

Information on current and upcoming games.

Moderators: Priam, justice

MoustachioedDictator

Post by MoustachioedDictator »

Blitzkrieger wrote:Somebody did make a point on boards about Stg29.99 being a good deal for the amount of play you'll get out of it and that by waiting for it to come down in price, I'm denying myself 6 months play time for the sake of a few quid. I think I'll wait a small while anyway - must really play some of those other games lying around....

I have lots of games awaiting my attention these days too.... fuck 'em!! I measure time in Civ releases, each new version is like a new epoch. Other games will just have to get in line behind the new comer.

Manual out today so I can start examining that for significant changes.
I demand only unflinching obedience
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

I did spend some time reading the manual today and was thinking at the time : "Principles, schminciples - this is shiney and new!"

It's my nephew's birthday soon. I wonder if......
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

So we starting this or holding out for civ5 ?

If there's a pitboss option for civ5 we could always give that a look see as an alternative while pbem is held up ? I'd be happy to sort out getting us a server if needed.
MoustachioedDictator

Post by MoustachioedDictator »

Rev Hellfire wrote:So we starting this or holding out for civ5 ?

If there's a pitboss option for civ5 we could always give that a look see as an alternative while pbem is held up ? I'd be happy to sort out getting us a server if needed.
Looking briefly at the manual and what it has to say about multiplay... it sounds like there's only a basic all-online-at-the-same-time-simultaneous-turns option and no pitboss.
I demand only unflinching obedience
justice

Post by justice »

i share Tash's opinion, PC gaming is first and formost for Civ, everything else is for a break from civ.

Civ 2 was my first Civ and that was back in the mid ninties (i discovered a Civ2 install in a machine in work. 3 productive weeks followed that).

anyway back to the game.

ive posted in new thread.
Justice - The Unrelable one