New PBEM/Forum Game

Information on current and upcoming games.

Moderators: Priam, justice

justice

Post by justice »

yea i'm excited by the new CiV. but disappointed the PBEM initially included, however there is one mode which is included and thats where every player plays at the same time, all connected to a server. perhaps we might try this format?

but i'm still up for another civ4 game. im gunna try reduce the turn limit to 150. but it could easily be longer than a year.
so Thats
Me, Rev, Blitz and chipmunk
Tash reluctently,
Nog?

if more wanted to play i could easily add more islands (they all follow a pattern).

(see post #9 with worldbuilder file on page 1)
Justice - The Unrelable one
MoustachioedDictator

Post by MoustachioedDictator »

Forts only act as canals inside friendly territory. I just found that out in Tango. Not sure about the rule for air bases.

We could try and play an online game of civ5, but I'm only around a connection that would allow me to play very rarely. I would be willing though if available.

If the start is modern and the cities start pre-built, I suggest using normal or even epic speed maybe. Although your (Justice) empire and mine in Hightland are much larger than what could be achieved here, we're throwing out techs every couple of turns on quick speed, units barely leave the motherland before being obsoleted... just something to consider.
I demand only unflinching obedience
justice

Post by justice »

Tash, your right about the obsoleting units, but since we're already on tanks thats not too much obsoleting.

plus the civs are not optimised, no acadamys so it would be a big push to get them to reaserch a tech in more than 6 turns (they'll start at about 1 per 10 turns if i rememeber right)

on the current quick speed they will churn out units about 1 per 3/4 turns.

im definately putting a max turn limit of 150, even less if ye were up to it. your right about forts, and they do hold planes (inside your culture). considering the above i will redo the maze to have 2/3 choke points.

since i cant change player names for the current file above i'll start from scratch.
so we all get to pick civs.

i'll have this ready during the week, but i need onfirmation on the numbers.

so far its
Justice,
Rev,
Blitz,
Chipmunk.

Tash and Nog are mabey:
justice

Post by justice »

so to be clear here is Each Civs start point.

island 8*8 square. all have equal num of grassland (majority), hills, forrests and plains.

5 size 10 cities, 1 which is coastal, all have at least 2 food sources
Each civ has its own religion.

each city has

barraks, library, university, collesum, granary, aquaduct, factory, forge, hostpital, recycling center, theater, market, grocer, bank, temple.

(i replace the generic building with the civ specific one where appropriate).

Capitols have
religious special building.

coastal cities have
Harbour and lighthouse.

each island has
oil, iron, aluminium, coal and uranium
corn, wheat, cow, sheep, rice, pig, fish, crab and clam.
Gold, Silver, gems, wine, sugar and silk.

starting army:
18 infantry
8 tanks
8 gunships
8 fighters
8 bombers.

(for reference the following resources are on map but not on any players start island.)
deer, bannanas, spices, Dye, Fur, horses, marble, copper, stone.

(tash, suggestions? i know you have em!)
justice

Post by justice »

well whats the story, everyone still interested?
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Yep still on.
MoustachioedDictator

justice wrote:well whats the story, everyone still interested?

I think on reflection I'll sit it out.
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

I'm still interested. I'm undecided on when I'm going to buy Civ 5. Between console games and PC games I've 15 games sitting around here un-played. Add that to my continued *bitterness about Civ 3 and I might hold off on buying it until at least January and see if the price drops.

......... and I might actually see my family over Christmas if I'm not playing Civ 5........

*I bought Civ 3 at full price knowing that multiplayer was going to be an add-on. I thought it would be a free patch like Civ 2, but instead ended up having to fork out for Play the World too. I was pissed off at having to pay for a promised feature - especially because at the time full price was a lot of money to me.
MoustachioedDictator

Blitzkrieger wrote:*I bought Civ 3 at full price knowing that multiplayer was going to be an add-on. I thought it would be a free patch like Civ 2, but instead ended up having to fork out for Play the World too. I was pissed off at having to pay for a promised feature - especially because at the time full price was a lot of money to me.
I was pissed off at buying play the world, a half assed addon that added very little indeed only for Conquests to come out a short while later and include Play to World within it. But I can't stay mad at civ...
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

Somebody did make a point on boards about Stg29.99 being a good deal for the amount of play you'll get out of it and that by waiting for it to come down in price, I'm denying myself 6 months play time for the sake of a few quid. I think I'll wait a small while anyway - must really play some of those other games lying around....