Another Civ 4 PBEM game?

You'll find the Civilization IV PBEM Game turns here.
MoustachioedDictator

Post by MoustachioedDictator »

So that's Blitz, Rev, Me, Nog, Max and BB. full house just waiting on Justice.

Looking forward to that new game fresh.
I demand only unflinching obedience
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

count me in if there's room. I want my revenge.
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Any point looking at colonization as a second game ?
Byzantine Bureaucracy

Post by Byzantine Bureaucracy »

Haven't played it in a long time but certainly wouldn't mind giving it another go as well.
MoustachioedDictator

I'll play Civ4Col, though I can't start for another 18 days or so. BB suggested it as a follow up to the current Tango game?

Last turn of Hightland posted by BB, password is "1" if you want to see the replays.
http://www.darkkeep.net/showthread.php? ... 7#post9217
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

I don't have Civ4 Col and hadn't intended on buying it (for all that it costs about a tenner now). Might be fun but I don't know can I live without panzers ;)

On a side note, I "borrowed" the original Colonization off a friend but my PC at the time was too crappy to run it well so I had to give up playing it. By the time I got a new PC I had lost the floppys. Ah, the good old days......
Justin

Count me in

Post by Justin »

/JD
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Looks like we have a full house for the civ game.

Not sure if the other blitz (from boards) is intending to join, when you're ready to start just create a thread similar to the other turn threads and one of us will move it into a separate forum.

We'll hold the Colonization game back until 'tash is in a position to join and hopefully BB has a little bit more free time :p
MoustachioedDictator

Rev Hellfire wrote:Looks like we have a full house for the civ game.

Not sure if the other blitz (from boards) is intending to join, when you're ready to start just create a thread similar to the other turn threads and one of us will move it into a separate forum.

We'll hold the Colonization game back until 'tash is in a position to join and hopefully BB has a little bit more free time :p
7 players, Justin in for Justice, the guy who puts spells the names up on the marquee breathes relieved sigh.

If there are more sign ups before the game starts, maybe we can run two games of four/five or something so things run quicker.
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

Justin wrote:/JD

That you BltzKrieg?

I thought I said Tuesday on boards.ie but I checked and actually said Tuesday/Wednesday. It doesn't look like we'll get anymore sign ups though (unless Justice pops in) so I think we should nail down the starting conditions and start tonight or early tomorrow? I think there was only a few points of discussion :

Tech Trading.
This can be a difficult decision. From the point of view of someone in the lead, if you've tech'ed up to calvary and are about to roll over somebody's longbows, it's a bitch if suddendly you're facing riflemen instead thanks to their friendly neightbours.

From the point of someone who gets a bad starting location, it's a god send. A little help to access that resourse, spread irrigation or get your farms producing more can make the difference between being a short damp squeak and, if not a roaring lion, at least a vicious little tomcat.

It brings a lot to the table in terms of diplomacy too, but as I said before, there's plenty of ways allies can be helpful without it. Personally, I favor having it on, but I wouldn't be too upset if the majority wanted it off.

Leader and Personalities.
Unless anybody has objections, I'll yield to MDs suggestion that random leaders is too random. Just random civs with the default leader?

Start time.
Classical start with a shot of points to rush things along a bit sounds good to me. I have no idea how many points we should give though.

Map size.
8 players = standard world size?

Map Type.
I like fractal maps. They seem to create a lot of nice natural choke points that can be borders for your civ. On the other hand, they always seem to have lots or arctic wasteland that can restrict your civ if you're pushed up against it. The last single player game I played saw Germany and Rome hamstrung by this. Go with continents?

Climate.
I hadn't really thought about it but I presume we leave sea level, age, etc at default values?