Darkkeep's Darwinism Turns

You'll find the Civilization IV PBEM Game turns here.
Blitzkrieger

Darkkeep's Darwinism Turns

Post by Blitzkrieger »

I've never created a game before so fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything. I added the players in the order they responded in the thread so unless the game randomises them, that'll be the turn order. Rev's up next :
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Let the fun begin.

Don't forget to set a password !
MoustachioedDictator

Normal Speed = Glacial Speed

Post by MoustachioedDictator »

Decision to make guys. The game is set to Normal speed instead of the normal quick speed.

I think we need to play on quick, all the more so with ancient start. The first game on darkkeep was a disaster because of the endless time it took to do anything and the problem is only worse with 8 players. This game will die if we have to wait a week to play a turn lasting five minutes and accomplishing next to nothing.

By way of clarification Tash's Tango was a classical start with only 6 players in 3 teams of two, On quick speed its been running since 4th of July, 2008. I don't want to pass this game to my grandchildren as a legacy :)

I think we just gotta bite the bullet and regenerate Darwinism. And no, I wasn't shafted by the dice, far from it :D
I demand only unflinching obedience
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Good call, I and my desert dwelling frenchies agree :hitler:
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

Sorry guys - didn't realise. I was actually worried on normal speed that we'd be zipping through epochs without much pause. I can re-start the game around 10pm. Unless someone wants to jump in and start it sooner?
MoustachioedDictator

Blitzkrieger wrote:Sorry guys - didn't realise. I was actually worried on normal speed that we'd be zipping through epochs without much pause. I can re-start the game around 10pm. Unless someone wants to jump in and start it sooner?

Nah start when you can. What's a day when its going to last a year or two (that's pretty intimidating isn't it?). I can't play my turn until tomorrow anyway.

The Gods of Civ will no doubt smite me with some woeful start now. I was going to squish you all with Holy Roman Oiliphants if we kept the first game :D
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

MoustachioedDictator wrote: The Gods of Civ will no doubt smite me with some woeful start now.
I had an excellent location for my capital - loads of food available. Terrible otherwise. I've never actually played as Ottomans so no clue how usefull they are...
MoustachioedDictator

Blitzkrieger wrote:I had an excellent location for my capital - loads of food available. Terrible otherwise. I've never actually played as Ottomans so no clue how usefull they are...

I wouldn't mind the Ottomans at all. Sulieman is Organised (my favorite)/ Expansive I think, so free health and cheap workers which is good. Then the aqueduct replacement give 2 happy faces. The Janissary is the proverbial jack of multiple enterprises but I've never been as big a fan of them as BB, they're decent cover units, and good all rounders when facing medieval enemies but the lack of city raider promotions means they're never going to be front line troops IMO.

My HRE capital was good, corn, pigs, fish and spices, and the rest was passable, a good start gone for my desire for quick speed :)
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

Let's try that again :
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

froward march

EDIT: I've removed my first turn, though not before it was downloaded twice after me by some cheater(s)! Whoever it was, may your mother be carnally involved with a camel of bad reputation.