A new new game

You'll find the Civilization IV PBEM Game turns here.
Rev Hellfire

A new new game

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Well now that 'tashs tango has come to close, is there an appetite for another pbem game ? And if so anyone got suggestions ?

Must say if we could get the pitboss setup I'd be interested in a large game with good number of players. That would involve a windows box somewhere, possibly the rent one or join someone who already has one and share costs with them.

Alternatively if anyone knows any other games which would work either on or off the forums we could look at that.
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

I'm not sure I could guarantee to be available for a pitboss style game. Another 'war game' style PBEM could be fun. I was thinking of going into the world builder and either doing a larger version of Justice's setup or a random map with a REALLY advanced start. I'm thinking about 8-10 cities each and tech advanced to about the level of Curasair and Musketmen, with about 80% of available city improvements pre-built.
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Need a new game alright. Pitboss might be worth an experiment - particularly if that's the only way we will be able to play Civ5 (assuming they bloody get around to patching it in)
MoustachioedDictator

Post by MoustachioedDictator »

I´m game for a new game. I don´t know if I´ll be able to play pitboss when away with work but worth the experiment.

I think pre designing the civs sucks, developing the infrastructure and economy from scratch is half of what makes the game interesting for me. I´m on for a latish start though since we have a new ancient game in Darwinism.

I´d also restrict players to 5 or 6.
I demand only unflinching obedience
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Fine by me. We can experiment with pitboss if it's needed for Civ5 I guess.
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Maximilian wrote:Fine by me. We can experiment with pitboss if it's needed for Civ5 I guess.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, not when there's paid DLC be to 'made'.

I'm easy on the pitboss, if its an issue for people then leave it.
Blitzkrieger

Post by Blitzkrieger »

MoustachioedDictator wrote: I think pre designing the civs sucks, developing the infrastructure and economy from scratch is half of what makes the game interesting for me. I´m on for a latish start though since we have a new ancient game in Darwinism.

I agree but I'm worried about the game time. We already have one early start going. If we start on a (slightly) large planet for 5-6 players around the dawn of gunpowder, we might end up with plenty of infrastructural and economic development to go, but it might not take as long to get things done.

I'd like to try a pitboss style game out, but I don't think I could give it the time. I'd be interested in being part of a team game. The idea being if I'm not around my team mate could take the turn, otherwise we can collaberate on the turn.
Byzantine Bureaucracy

Post by Byzantine Bureaucracy »

I'd be up for a new game too.

Tbh there wouldn't be much additional benefit to a pit boss game over one with 5-6 regular players.

I would like to see a renaissance start, on perhaps an Archipelago/Continents map. Space Race Victory disabled.
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Since 'tash isn't back until the 2nd of April we may as well and hold off until then.

With BB, Blitz, Max, 'tash and myself we have 5 already, I'm assuming nog and/or justice will join also join giving us the 6/7, which is a full house.

I'm liking the idea of a large map with a late start.

We can look at the pitboss when/if civ5 ever gets its act in gear.
ButcherOfNog

Post by ButcherOfNog »

i'm in, don't mind what way it's setup