New Civ 4 PitBoss Game ?

Information on current and upcoming games.

Moderators: Priam, justice

Rev Hellfire

New Civ 4 PitBoss Game ?

Post by Rev Hellfire »

So who would be interested in a new Civ 4 game, but this time using the pitboss application to run it ?
I'm on for renting a VPS to run the game, I don't think it would be a resource hog so would a VPS be perfectly suited to the job. I'll confirm that tonight.

We can set it to run the turns daily(?), the advantage of the pitboss is the game doesn't wait for you and will proceed regardless of if you send a turn or not.
And since its going to run regardless we don't have to worry about the numbers.

Whoosh :turboviper_r:
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

sure i'm in
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

I've started at test pitboss server which you can connect to using civ4.darkkeep.com, the password is test

Select multi-player and then Direct IP Connection, from there you'll be asked to choose a character and password (lets leave them blank for the test so others can give it a test drive).
The game is set to turn every 24 hours and the turns are run simultaneously, that last part should change the dynamics of the games a bit.

Since we don't have to worry about people playing turns we can open this out to anyone and everyone, so anyone fancy dropping a post on boards since there might be one or two old-timers who fancy joining.

For those of you with steam editions the following link describes how to re-enable the direct connection which was removed when GameSpy was shut down.
2K Support - DIRECT IP AND INSTALLING PRE-STEAMWORKS CIVILIZATION IV

How about a start date of the end of the week ?

Now's the time for suggestions on how to configure this up, see screenshot.
The attachment Pitboss Screen.png is no longer available
Attachments
Pitboss Screen.png
ButcherOfNog

Post by ButcherOfNog »

I don't have much time at the moment, but since the game takes a few years to play, I shouldn't worry about the now, I'm in as well.
Janeymack

Post by Janeymack »

Uhh I'd be on. But not done it before. I'll call Maxi and work it out.