Goodbye PC gaming

General Discussion
Rev Hellfire

Goodbye PC gaming

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Just wondering how many other people have a PS4 or are planning on getting one ?

I was all set to upgrade my PC today but I've decided rather than sink more money into a continual upgrade cycle to instead get a new console.
At least this way I can just be guaranteed that what ever new releases I buy will play well, though you do seem to play through the nose, but second-hand games are an option.

So anyone else jumped ship ?
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Never.

Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

hee.

The PC master race belongs to singletons, you too shall fall...
ButcherOfNog

Post by ButcherOfNog »

Planning to wait till late this year and get one then to have it over the Christmas holidays.

I've no intention of upgrading my PC in the next year or two, I just don't get much use out of it at the moment, sometimes I don't even turn it on for a few days(!). I browse on the tablet, if a turn is there, boot up and play it. Only other thing I used it for is playing around doing some software development, and that only happens once every couple of months.

Noel
MoustachioedDictator

Post by MoustachioedDictator »

I just sank 1200 euros into my unassuming black box (New CPU/Mobo/RAM/GFX/SSD) so I have renewed my Master Race membership for at least 3 years.

Haha. I mean 6 months.

One good thing about these consoles though is that since all games are made multi-platform these days, they are limited in terms of system requirements to something a console can handle.

I hadn't spent anything on my PC in a long time (3+ years) but it wasn't until Far Cry 4 that I had a game where I had scale down the graphics. My GTX460 fought the good fight right to the very end.

Of course, My brand new GTX970 exploded a couple of weeks ago and I had to get it replaced. Not a good start.
I demand only unflinching obedience
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

My trusty 560ti will hopefully manage the cheap tat I pick up off the Humble Bundle for the foreseeable future, like you its the new AAA titles that started to cause problem.
MoustachioedDictator

Post by MoustachioedDictator »

Although Far Cry 4 gave me the impetous to upgrade, one of the first games I installed was Planescape: Torment... not exactly justifying my super system specs. Also been playing Knights of the old Republic, Grim Fandango and desperately looking forward to getting home to Homeworld remastered, the future is here, it's 1998! I hope my new PC is Y2K compliant.
I demand only unflinching obedience
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Must say I'm loving the PS4 and Shadow of Mordor in particular.
That said I can barely aim straight in Battlefield Hardline using the controller, so no change there harr harr.
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Meanwhile, it's back to 1998 for me with the RPG goodness that is Pillars of Eternity.
Rev Hellfire

Post by Rev Hellfire »

Damn, that looks pretty smart, was always a fan of the Black Isle games.
Though I'm getting cheap in my old age and think it's wait for it on sale for me.
Added to which I still have to play Grimrock II, which I bought an age ago... Damn you humble bundle and steam sales.